The IRS has now put up a site for individuals who are not required to file to enter their information to receive the Economic Impact Payments.
You should only use this site to enter your information if you :
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Could not be claimed as a dependent of another.
- Were not required to file a tax return because the income was under the filing requirements. This means your income was below $12,200 if single or $24,400 of married.
- You did NOT file a 2018 or 2019 income tax return.
- You do NOT receive social security, disability (SSDI) or survivor benefits.
- You do NOT receive Railroad Retirement benefits.
For anybody fitting the categories above go to https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here and select Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here. Then it will walk you through what information needed to get your Economic Impact Payment.
What you should do if you don’t fit these categories:
- If your income exceeds the limits for filing and you have not already done so file your tax returns for 2018 and 2019. If you have already filed you will receive the payment automatically.
- Nothing if you are are receiving social security , disability (SSDI) or survivor benefits – the payment will be sent automatically
- Nothing if you are receiving Railroad Retirement benefits – the payment will be sent automatically
The Wassman CPA Services website and blog is meant to offer general information to our readers. The information provided is not intended to replace or serve as a substitute for any accounting, tax or other professional advice, consultation or service. You should contact Wassman CPA Services for advice concerning specific matters prior to making any decisions.